This article covers paying a tab using an existing pre auth that has been set against the tab.
To ensure that the tab has a pre auth, check there is a small card symbol next to it. If this symbol is not present, then there is no active pre-authorisation set against that tab.
After locating the correct tab, hit the Pay button which will present the following screen.
At this point you have 3 options for settling the bill
1. Press "Pay with pre auth card" to pay off the bill in full using the Pre auth or
2. Press "continue to pay view" to apply discounts or allow a payment split, but still pay with the pre auth
3. Void pre auth to void the pre auth and pay with another method
1. Pay off the bill in full using the Pre-Auth
You do do not need to ask the user for their card again. You simply can press the Pay with Pre-Auth Card button and this will communicate with CardConnect to pay the tab in full using the pre-authorisation details.
Once successfully completed, the small card symbol next to that tab will disappear and the tab balance reduced to 0.00. The tab can then be left or closed.
2. Apply discounts or allow a payment split
Here you can make add any discounts you need to the users bill or make a payment on another card should you choose as well.
Once added you can select the tab and hit the Pay button and again and at this point you can
1. pay the balance using your pre-auth (following the steps in 1. Pay off the bill in full using the Pre-Auth) or
2. you must then Void Pre-Auth if you are finished.