Unpack the main printer unit and remove from the box. Select the appropriate plug for your location (US, EU and UK adaptors are included)
Locate the ports on the back of the printer. From left to right in the below image:
- iPad connector port (5V). You connect the USB end of the iPad charging cable here and the other end to your iPad Lightning port.
- The next port is not used
- DK Drawkick port. Connect the cable from your cash drawer here.
- Power port. This is the power port where the supplied kettle lead needs to be plugged in
Note: Ensure that you use an Apple certified cable for a reliable connection
Push the lever on the right of the printer to open and insert an 80mm width thermal till roll into the printer. (there is a sample provided with the printer).
Plug the power cable into the mains and turn the printer on using the switch on the left hand side.
You can now set the printer up on BarTab as one of the following:
- The main receipt printer for that BarTab iPad
- A printer for automatic printing of food tickets
- A printer for automatic printing of drink tickets